Nothing beats the fun and experience you get out of riding a motorcycle, even a car can’t. It offers you the freedom to fully control the ride anywhere you go. However, without proper protective gear, your life can be endangered because, as you know, accidents happened when we least expect. The most necessary protective equipment to wear is a motorcycle helmet. This should be a must-have gear before you can get yourself to the road. Your head is the most delicate area of your body, and it’s worth wearing a safe protective gear. Wearing a helmet for most countries is mandatory to avert many deaths that could have been caused by motorcycle accidents.
While a motorcycle helmet is a life-saver unit, finding the appropriate model can be a bit daunting because the market is filled with uncountable options with different price tags, styles, and specs. Even though that’s the case, we are here to help you out. Upon sifting through hundreds of motorcycle helmets on the market, we manage to compile a list of the best ten motorcycle helmets. Let’s set off.
- #1. Bell Qualifier Full-Face Three Shell & EPS Motorcycle Helmet (Raid Matte Black/Gray-Medium)
- #2. ScorpionEXo COV-0105 Covert Unisex-Adult Half-Size Style Matte Helmet (Matte Black-Large)
- #3. GDM DK-140 Matte Black Full-Face Aerodynamic Shell Motorcycle Helmet (Clear & Tinted Visors)
- #4. ILM Dual Visor Flip-Up Dot Modular Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet (L, Matte Black- LED Lights)
- #5. FreedConn Bluetooth Flip Up Dual Visors Built-in Waterproof Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
- #6. YEMA YM-925 Dot Unisex-Adult Racing Modular Flip-Up Motorcycle Helmet (XL-Matte Black)
- #7. 1Storm L Size HB89 Modular Flip Up Dual Visor Sun Shield Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black)
- #8. FreedConn Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up Dual Visors Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
- #9. HJC Solid IS-Cruiser Half Shell Moisture-Wicking Nylex Interior Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
- #10. AHR Full Face Flip up DOT Approved Dual Visor Motocross Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, XL)
- Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Motorcycle Helmet
#1. Bell Qualifier Full-Face Three Shell & EPS Motorcycle Helmet (Raid Matte Black/Gray-Medium)
As a first time racer, you are going to enjoy what Bell motorcycle helmet has in store for you. This motorcycle helmet has an ABS composite shell constructed from polycarbonate materials that are light and durable. It has a click release shield system that does not scratch easily nor attract fog. Also, it has well-padded cheek pads to keep you comfortable even when worn for a more extended period. The interior lining can be removed when you need to wash it. You can comfortably wear or carry this headgear with you any time since it only weighs 3.9 pounds. It comes with a clear visor that enables you to take a look at what is taking place out there with no distractions at all.
- Has a wind padded collar to cut off road noise and winds
- Has ear pockets for the speaker to listening to your music
- Performs quietly even when the vents are wide open
- Has an aerodynamic design for riding at a higher speed
#2. ScorpionEXo COV-0105 Covert Unisex-Adult Half-Size Style Matte Helmet (Matte Black-Large)
When it comes to safety, the Scorpion motorcycle helmet never comes second. This motorcycle helmet is from lightweight materials that make the shell more comfortable. It has an already installed dark smoked visor for a day time ride and a clear visor for use when it is dark. The microbial fabric liner keeps you warm when it’s cold and can be removed when you need to wash them — this one of the lightest helmets in the market with a minimum weight of 3.97 pounds. You are safe when using this headgear because it has been certified and approved by DOT.
- Can be worn during various occasions like riding and adventures
- Dropdown visor to protect your eyes from intense sun rays
- Has a clear coating to keep it free from foggy substances
- Available in different sizes to ensure that it fits perfectly
#3. GDM DK-140 Matte Black Full-Face Aerodynamic Shell Motorcycle Helmet (Clear & Tinted Visors)
If you want the best of best when it is all about motorcycles, then GDM motorcycle helmet has all that you are looking for. This helmet is safe for sincerity. It has been certified by DOT to meet all the requirements. The shell is from high-quality composite poly-alloy materials that are durable and lightweight. It has proper ventilation since air can get in out from five different points. Also, both the cheek pads and liner just in case you need to wash them. With only a weight of 4 pounds, you rest assured of a comfortable ride with something on your head. It is an ideal Christmas or birthday gift for a male family member or a friend.
- Double D chin strap to secure you comfortably to the helmet
- Resistant to any impact in case of the occurrence of an accident
- Well-padded to keep you comfortable for more extended periods
- Designed from high-quality materials that last long
#4. ILM Dual Visor Flip-Up Dot Modular Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet (L, Matte Black- LED Lights)
Are you a beginner when it comes to motorcycling? You would not miss out on giving ILM motorcycle helmet a try. This motorcycle helmet has a modular design to suit each rider’s needs since it can be lifted to expose your face and let in air or talk to someone. It has various air vents located at the top, back, on the chin guard and forehead, and can be opened or closed depending on the weather conditions prevailing. Also, it has bright rear LED lights that notify other drivers of the presence of the rider on the road. You can quickly turn on-off these lights with a button below the lights. The chin strap can be easily adjusted, whereas the clip can immediately release, making it easy for you to wear or remove this helmet.
- Adjustable chin guard to protect the user against wind or cold
- Has built-in tinted glasses for users who would have glasses
- Sleek aerodynamic design to resist more wind when riding
- The transparent outer visor that can be switched to other tint variations
- Lightweight design for a smooth and comfortable ride
#5. FreedConn Bluetooth Flip Up Dual Visors Built-in Waterproof Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
Coming in at number 5 on our Best ten motorcycle helmet list is the FreedConn motorcycle helmet. Not only can it be used for a motorcycle but also skiing and snowmobiling. This motorcycle helmet has an intercom communication system that allows up to 3 riders to connect within a distance of 1640 feet. It allows for up to 9 hours of intercom connection and 12 hours of the phone connection. Also, it has a rechargeable battery which, when fully recharged, has a standby time of 120 hours. You can listen to your favorite music or receive a call via Bluetooth connection with your cell phone. Finally, this headgear removable microfiber liner that is comfortable and easy to wash.
- Multifunctional for receiving calls, intercom and listening to music
- Easy to use and operate with one-touch control to receive a call
- Accommodates playback period to control your playing songs
- Fully certified by DOT, BQB and CE thus it’s safe for usage
- 3- Dimensional ventilation system for the free flow of air
#6. YEMA YM-925 Dot Unisex-Adult Racing Modular Flip-Up Motorcycle Helmet (XL-Matte Black)
Are you looking for a motorcycle helmet that won’t break the bank to stop you from your next adventure? Look no further than the YEMA motorcycle helmet. It is for both men and women for use during adventures, motocross, racing, MX, street, and many more. This motorcycle helmet has a lightweight ABS shell and multi-density EPS to keep you more comfortable. You are assured of a clean and odorless helmet since it has removable liner and pads just in case to wash them. Additionally, it has a quick-release buckle that keeps you secured to the helmet and makes it easy to wear and remove the helmet. This helmet meets all the safety requirements as per DOT certification.
- Adjustable vents to remain calm when it’s hot and warm when cold
- Broad view clear visor to allow you to see what going on
- Versatile since it can be used for dirt bike, quad and more
- Only weighs 3.7 pounds thus more convenient to wear it
- Reinforced chin strap to avoid any chin strains or pains
#7. 1Storm L Size HB89 Modular Flip Up Dual Visor Sun Shield Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black)
What’s so exciting with 1 Storm motorcycle helmet? Well, it is the outstanding feature that it has. First, this motorcycle helmet has up to 6 ventilation systems: 2 at the front and two top adjustable vents for proper air circulation in and out of the helmet. Secondly, you can use this helmet while riding during the day or night since it has clear outer shields and inner smoked visor that keeps everything ahead of you clear and visible. Thirdly, the ABS shell is from high-quality materials that make it durable and reliable to resist any impact in case an accident occurs. Finally, this unit only weighs 4 pounds to signify that being in it is more comfortable since you can never feel its weight.
- Remains odorless since you can remove the liner for a wash-up
- Has a beautiful glossy UV protective finish for an elegant look
- Quick-release buckle to keep well secured to the helmet
- Easy to remove and install outer shields and inner visor
- Meets and satisfies the DOT standard that safe for use
#8. FreedConn Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up Dual Visors Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
This coming adventure season, you might want to try out this motorcycle helmet from FreedConn. This helmet is available in 3 different sizes to suit different people with different head sizes. It weighs 4.05lbs to enable you to feel light when on a ride. Also, it has a rechargeable polymer 600mAh, which, when fully charged, can be used for up to 2 hours. With a built in-ear speaker, you can easily pick a call or listen to your music through a Bluetooth connection. The ABS shell has well-padded cheek pads and liners to keep you comfortable and is easy to clean since they can be removed. This headgear has been certified by DOT and meets all the requirements to keep you safe.
- Built-in Bluetooth intercom to keep in touch with other riders
- Has a noise-canceling microphone to avoid any distractions
- Allows for a talk time of up to 12 hours through a phone
- Comes with a charging cable for recharging your battery
- Well ventilated shell to allow free circulation of air
#9. HJC Solid IS-Cruiser Half Shell Moisture-Wicking Nylex Interior Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, L)
HJC motorcycle helmet is an excellent choice when your safety comes first since it has what it takes to protect your brain. This helmet is from polycarbonate composite materials, which makes the shell more durable and stronger. It is safe for usage since it meets FMVSS 218 standards and has been approved by DOT. The interior is made of plush materials that keep you comfortable and warm. You can easily remove the antibacterial lining and wash it when it gets dirty. With only a weight of 3.75 pounds, then you can easily carry it anywhere or having it in your head without feeling its weight. Moreover, the integrated smoked sun shield flips easily to let in air or allow you to show your face.
- Lightweight to enable you to carry it with you with no difficulty
- Spacious enough for sunglasses to be worn underneath it
- Has a clear windscreen to allow you to see what’s outside
- Moisture-wicking Nylex interior to keep you always dry
- Nylon strap D- ring retention allows for a perfect fit
#10. AHR Full Face Flip up DOT Approved Dual Visor Motocross Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, XL)
Without making any compromises AHR motorcycle helmet model focuses on safety, functionality, and safety. This helmet only weighs 3.5 pounds, which means you won’t be feeling its weight at all as a headgear. It has a well-cushioned interior to keep you comfortable even when worn for longer hours. Also, this helmet has double visors, one as a front full visual precise sensor and the other as a dark inner visor. The front visor is durable to keep you safe always since it is resistant to any impact and wear. Additionally, the helmet shell is from high-grade materials for a more extended usage period. DOT has approved it, thus it is safe for usage.
- Removable liner and cheek pads making it easy for a cleanup
- Air vent design allows for the free circulation of air in and out
- Comes with a bag to aid when transporting this helmet
- Has a compact design to save your storage space
- Suitable for a head circumference of 61- 62 cm
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Motorcycle Helmet
Style or Type
When choosing the type or style of a motorcycle helmet, it is worth considering the safety that a particular choice will offer. The most treasured type is the full-face helmet because it provides full protection for your face and head. Also, the modular helmets are a combination of an open face and full-face helmets known for their versatile nature. Besides, they come with different styles but all geared towards offering you protection during motorcycling.
The other factor to be considered is your head size. This aspect is what most customers take time to analyze to ensure they find their appropriate fit. The market currently offers popular three head size helmets that include round oval, intermediate oval, and long oval. It’s your work to take a measurement of your head and compare it with the sizes offered by the manufacturer to get the most suitable.
Helmet Material & Components
Not all helmets come constructed using the same materials. Also, they come with different components with varied features. For the exterior shell, the most commonly used materials include carbon fiber, fiberglass, aramid, Kevlar, and more. High-end motorcycle helmets feature a combination of many materials. The materials should allow you to wear the helmet more comfortably and last. Additionally, the model you choose should be lightweight.
Various safety standards govern the manufacture of any motorcycle helmet. These bodies that are obligated to check the safety of the helmets include; DOT for the US bikers, ECE for Europe bikers, and the rest of the world. If you acquire a helmet that meets all these standards, then you rest assured of a full safety as you ride along.
Biking can never come to a successful end without bracing yourself with a top grade motorcycle helmet. Comfort and safety go hand in hand, and if you want to have thrilling riding experience, it’s prudent to acquire a helmet. Don’t be intimidated by the designs, styles, colors, cost, or any other thing, with this review, and you can make your purchase in a hassle-free manner. Use our guide as a bridge to get you to the best of the best motorcycle helmets. Have a fun shopping experience!