Every parent yearns to offer their kids an unforgettable childhood experience. Well, the best and proven way of doing this is by acquiring them a balance bike. Unlike other kid’s units, balance bikes will assist kids in mastering the art of body balancing, child independence, and coordination at a tender age. Also, instead of kids watching cartoons and doing other passive activities, it offers a creative way of letting them exercise outdoors. When shopping for the best balance bike for your kids, you need to take into consideration various aspects of size to be paramount.
If you’ve never purchased a balance bike for your toddler before and you have no idea about aspects to consider, then chill, you are the reason why we wrote this piece of article. First, we must bring to your attention that currently the market is flooded with different models of balance bike and confusion is a usual circumstance. But after we conducted thoughtful research, we managed to set forth the best ten balance bikes for kids in reviews. Let’s jump directly to our findings.
- #1. JOYSTAR 10/12''Footrest EVA Polymer Foam Tire Balance Bike for Kids Multiple Colors
- #2. Luddy Carbon Steel Frame Safe Baby Balance Bike Ride on Toys for One-Year-Old Child
- #3. XJD Upgrade 2.0 3-in-1 Comfortable Balance Bike for Boys Girls for 1-3 Years Old Kids
- #4. A11N Sports Lightweight 4.65lbs Magnesium Alloy Balance Bike for Toddlers & Kids
- #5. Iondon-kate Deluxe Wooden Girls Push Training Running Bike for Toddlers & Kids
- #6. Royalbaby Freestyle Training Wheels Kickstand Multiple Colors Kid's Balance Bike
- #7. SCHWINN Koen SmartStart Frame Boy's Balance Bike for 2 to 4 Years Old Kids
- #8. Dynacraft Magna BMX 16'' Pad Removable Training Wheels Boy's Balance Bike
- #9. JOYSTAR Wheels 85% Assembled Toddlers' Balance Bike for 2-7 Years Old
- #10. Nice C BMX Dual Disc Brake Training Wheels Kids Balance Bike for Boys & Girls
- Things to Look Out For When Shopping for the Best Balance Bikes for Kids
#1. JOYSTAR 10/12''Footrest EVA Polymer Foam Tire Balance Bike for Kids Multiple Colors
Kids can now afford a smile after the invention of JOYSTAR kids’ bicycles. Your young one can know where the center of gravity lies with the footrest. The handlebars and seat can be adjusted to suit your kid’s height for a comfortable ride. When riding during wet periods the small mudguard keeps away any mud from the bicycle. It is easy for your loved to find balance on their own as bicycle lacks gears or pedals. This bicycle is suitable for little riders as it features a low standover height. It only weighs 6.36 lbs. this makes it light for the kid to ride on it. The tires are well designed to avoid slipping when your kid rides on slippery terrain.
- Puncture-proof tires allow for a lower maintenance level
- The longer wheelbase allows for more stable quick riding
- Has a clearly instructed manual that makes it easy to use
- Has a bent frame that makes it easy to get in and out
- Easy to assemble as it comes when partially assembled
#2. Luddy Carbon Steel Frame Safe Baby Balance Bike Ride on Toys for One-Year-Old Child
Let your kids learn how to balance their bodies with Luddy baby bike. Luddy baby bike weighs approximately 5 lbs. and can accommodate babies weighing up to 55 lbs. Your baby is safe for falling sideways as it has a 135° steering limit. Its frame is constructed strong steel materials that assure you of a longer lasting baby’s bike. This is a perfect gift for your baby girl during her first birthday celebration. When the baby tries to push this bike by her feet it will improve her leg strength. The installation has been made easier for you as it comes when partially assembled and all you need is to install handlebars.
- Slightly bent seat to avoid falling backward
- Soft handle grip and seat for a comfortable ride
- Easy to install as it does not require any extra tools
- Can be used between the ages of 18 – 36 months
#3. XJD Upgrade 2.0 3-in-1 Comfortable Balance Bike for Boys Girls for 1-3 Years Old Kids
Entertainment is part of your kids’ growth, right? XJD 3-in-1 kids’ tricycle allows your kid to ride in 3 different ways. It constructed steel materials to enable it to last long even after long usage time. It is suitable for kids aged 2- 3 years. Its handlebar can be adjusted 35° and 90° both forward and backward for a comfortable ride. It has a soft leather seat that can be adjusted from 30cm to 36cm to suit children with heights between 29-39.4″. The wear-resistant tires can last long after long usage and ensure a firm grip when riding on slippery surfaces. You are assured of a stable ride with the 7.5 ” long front wheel and 5.5 ” rear wheels.
- Foldable rear wheel for a two-wheel balance bike mode
- Can be used during both indoor and outdoor activities
- Have enclosed tires that keep your toddler’s feet safe
- Well-made wheels for a quiet and peaceful ride
- Has detachable pedal for more fun riding
#4. A11N Sports Lightweight 4.65lbs Magnesium Alloy Balance Bike for Toddlers & Kids
Allow your toddler to ride this bicycle for great riding experience. A11N bicycle is from strong magnesium alloy materials that make it a durable bike in the market. Also, it weighs approximately 4.75 lbs. hence suitable for young kids. Besides, it can be used by toddlers ages 18 months to 6 years. The space between torsos and handlebars is ample to accommodate your kid when learning how to ride. The seat can be adjusted from 12 inches to 18 inches to suit your kid’s height. The handlebars can also be adjusted from 20 inches to 24 inches for a great maneuver. For safety, purposes should wear helmets and knee and elbow pads when riding this bike.
- Has an adjustable seat height to suit your kids’ height
- Can be used on harsh terrain like slippery grounds
- Made of lightweight materials for an easy ride
- Well designed tires that do not go flat easily
- Offers a steady ride as it has a strong frame
#5. Iondon-kate Deluxe Wooden Girls Push Training Running Bike for Toddlers & Kids
This balance bike is constructed from high-quality wood materials for long-lasting use. This two-wheeled bicycle allows your kid to carefully learn to balance her body for a safe ride. Moreover, it is mostly designed for girls because it is colored pink and your baby girl will surely be in love with it. The 20″ handlebar ensures a firm grip while riding to avoid wobbling by balancing the bike well. Its wheels have a non-slip feature for a safe ride even on slippery surfaces. This is a perfect gift for your girl aged 3 years and above.
- Designed from environmentally friendly materials for safety purposes
- Has a 13″ seat to comfortably hold your kid when on the go
- It painted with safe paints that keep your kid safe always
- Lacks pedals to improve the balance ability of your kid
- Has airless tires for a seamless ride without going flat
#6. Royalbaby Freestyle Training Wheels Kickstand Multiple Colors Kid's Balance Bike
This balance bike has a strong frame from steel materials that keeps your bike more durable and outstanding. It has an adjustable seat and handlebars to comfortably accommodate your kid while on the go. The rear foot brake allows your kid to stop the bike while he or she pedals backward. Also, it has reinforced training wheel legs that are widened to ensure a steadier and stable ride. The 2.4 inch wheels are strong and durable and do not wear off easily. These tires ensure a safe ride on slippery surfaces without slipping off.
- Water bottle cage allows your kid to carry water with them when riding
- Shortened distance brake lever for more safe options for your kid
- Can be used by kids between the ages of 3 years up to 8 years
- Quick-release seat spot to easily adjust the height of the seat
- Easy to assemble as it contains the necessary tools for assembly
#7. SCHWINN Koen SmartStart Frame Boy's Balance Bike for 2 to 4 Years Old Kids
Cycling enables your kid to explore more and grow healthier. SCHWINN balance bicycle is best suitable for kids at the age of 2- 6 years and above and 28 – 60 inches tall. Depending on your kid’s age and height you get the 12-inch wheel, 18-inch wheel and 20-inch wheel to suit their needs. The steel frame ensures a durable service. Furthermore, it has an adjustable seat and slack seat tube for it to accommodate your kid as he grows. This kids’ bike lightweight so if at all your kid falls he won’t because of the weight of the bike. Finally, it is ergonomically designed for a comfortable without any hand or feet strains.
- Both brakes allow your kids to prepare for larger bikes
- Has a narrower pedal position to fit your child’s hips
- Fully covered chain guard to protect your baby
- Has a training wheel for use by first-time users
- Has a sturdy design for a more stable ride
#8. Dynacraft Magna BMX 16'' Pad Removable Training Wheels Boy's Balance Bike
Dynacraft bicycles weigh 24.03 pounds and can accommodate kids weighing up to 81lbs. This 16- inch bicycle has an adjustable which assures you a long usage time for your growing kids. It has adjustable training wheels for a good balance and stability. The rims are constructed from steel materials hence they do not damage easily as they are strong and durable. Its frame has a deluxe paint finish giving it an outstanding look. This bike is an exceptional model and its maintenance is close to 0 percent. Your growth and brain development of your kid will go perfect.
- The coaster brakes allow for easier and safe stopping
- Removable training wheels for a more experienced ride
- Padded handlebar for more safety purposes
- Well-padded saddle for a comfortable ride
- Easy to assemble as it requires fewer tools
#9. JOYSTAR Wheels 85% Assembled Toddlers' Balance Bike for 2-7 Years Old
Your kid can ride JOYSTAR bicycle on harsh terrains like rocky and bumpy terrain. This bicycle is designed from a sturdy hi-ten steel frame that assures long-lasting use. A young rider is always in full control of the bicycle as you can stop whenever you want to. Besides, it comes with resilient wheels made of rubber materials to withstand any slippery surface without sliding off. Also, it comes in different sizes for different aged kids like the 12-inch bicycle is suitable for kids aged 2-4 years. What’s more, it has a girlish look making it suitable for only girls.
- Has a coaster brake that makes it easy for your kid to control the bike
- Its single drive train allows your young one to speed in a flash
- Has an enclosed chain guard that keeps your kids safe always
- Easy to use as it comes when it is 80% assembly has to be done
- The rubber made tires provides stability while riding
#10. Nice C BMX Dual Disc Brake Training Wheels Kids Balance Bike for Boys & Girls
See your kids smile while they ride Nice C kids’ balance bike. The unit is constructed from magnesium alloy metal making it one of the strongest and durable bikes in the market. This BMX bicycle has a dual braking system: traditional v-brake and disc brake for the rare wheel. Depending on your kids’ you can easily adjust this bike to suit your children. It also comes in 3 different sizes: 12 inches, 14 inches and 16 inches as per the age of your kid. Aside from that, it has training wheels for beginners to avoid falling off the bike while learning how to ride. The one-piece frame also keeps your child safe when the frame breaks. Finally, it has thick wires that allow you to ride through any surface.
- Lightweight frame to avoid serious injuries when accidents occur
- Non-slip resin pedals reflectors keep your kid safe from sliding
- Easy to install as you just need to install the training wheels
- The tires have multiple rubber layers that absorb shock
- The dual braking system ensures a smooth braking
Things to Look Out For When Shopping for the Best Balance Bikes for Kids
In this section, we are going to look at some of the considerations that you need to pay attention to before spending your money on any kid’s balance bike. These include;
Type of Tires
Any balance bike comes with either foam or air tires. Foam tires have little traction and come without any cushioning, but the goodness with these tires is that they don’t go flat. On the other hand, air tires are a bit heavier and costlier compared to their alternatives. Air-filled tires are mostly preferred because they offer great traction and cushioning, thus enabling the kid to have a comfortable ride. So, are you choosing price or comfort?
Most kids’ balance bike doesn’t come with footrest because they are at the time not necessarily depending on the child’s age. However, some bikes have footrests for comfortable pedaling. The footrest that is built in any bike should not be bulky, if anything, it should offer optimum comfort. If the footrest is not designed well, it offers discomfort to the strides of the rider.
For most balance brakes, the kid usually stops the bike by the use of the feet. Although high-end balance bikes have hand brakes that facilitate the safety of the rider. Also, it prevents your kid from experience injuries by ensuring the bike balance when it has gained momentum. So, depending on the model you are buying check whether it comes with braking feature.
A suitable balance bike should come with at least 30% more than the weight of your kid, who will ride on the bike. In that case, if your kid is under the age of four a year, then think of getting your child a bike with at most 10lbs. It should not be weighty to overweight your kid because it might inflict injuries in case he/she topples. So, choose the balance bike that has a proportional weight to your kid.
Buying your kid a balance bike is a clever idea more so when he or she is involved in passive activities like playing PS, watching TV or sleeping. It is the wisest decision you can make in enabling your kid to enjoy riding outdoors while exercising their bodies. And purchasing one should never trouble you again because we have set forth everything you need to know. We don’t coerce customers to go for a specific model instead, we offer you viable suggestions that can enable you to make a well-informed decision. If you need more clarification on the models above, you can leave a comment in the below section. Cheers!