The tankless water heater also referred to as On-Demand water heater, are devices that offer you hot water instantaneously. As the “tankless” word suggests, these units don’t require you to store water on a tank, and for that reason, this water heater doesn’t use extra-energy to heat water. Most tankless water heaters use electricity as a source of energy, and others also use gas to heat water. On average, a tankless water heater can generate hot water at a rate of 2-5 gallons/Min.
This technology of heating water has become popular, and many companies have come up with their versions. These tons of options in the market make the selection process a daunting task. That’s why we come to your rescue. We’ve done and researched and compiled a list of the best ten tankless water heaters for reviews. Check out.
- #1. EcoSmart ECO 13KW 240V with Patented Self-Modulating Technology 11 Tankless Water Heater
- #2. Bosch 3000 T 7-Gallon (ES8) Shelf Wall & Floor Mounted Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic
- #3. InSinkErator HWT-F1000S Stainless Steel 2/3 Gallon Instant Hot Water F-1000S Filtration System
- #4. Bosch 3000 T 2.5 Gallon (ES2.5) Shelf Wall & Floor Mounted Electric Tankless Water Heater
- #5. Rinnai V Series HE Outdoor Installation Up to 5.3 GPM Control-R 2.0Electric Tankless Water Heater
- #6. Camplux ME25 Mini-Tank 1.5kW at 120V 2.5-Gallon Thermostatic Control Electric Water Heater
- #7. ECOTOUCH 9Kw 240V On-Demand Self-Modulating Instant ECO90 Tankless Water Heater (Black)
- #8. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 15 Trend On-Demand Space & Energy Saver Tankless Water Heater (White)
- #9. BISELONG 1.8GPM 6.5Kw Compact Size Point-of-Use Digital Display Electric Tankless Water Heater
- #10. Rheem240V RTEX-13 Residential Heating Chamber Up to 3.17 GPM Tankless Water Heater
- Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Tankless-Water Heater
#1. EcoSmart ECO 13KW 240V with Patented Self-Modulating Technology 11 Tankless Water Heater
EcoSmart tankless water heater saves your electricity consumption and bills efficiently. This model warms water as it passes through it; thus, you would not waste your waste time waiting for the water to heat up. It has a sleek and compact design, which means that it will blend well with most house decors, whereas saving much of your space. Also, this unit heats up to 2 gallons of water in a minute; thus is ideal for small apartments or rooms. During cold periods, this water handles 1 sink while during warm periods can handle both a tub and shower at the same time. This unit is an ideal holiday gift for a friend or family member.
- Easy installation since you are good to go within some few minutes
- Advanced self-modulating technology that saves more energy
- Durable because it constructed from high-quality materials
- Has a slim and small thus can be installed under a cabinet
- Can be mounted on the wall to save the floor space
#2. Bosch 3000 T 7-Gallon (ES8) Shelf Wall & Floor Mounted Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic
If you want to stop scheduling your hot water needs during winter seasons, you might want to consider Bosch tankless water heaters. Also, it has a heating capacity of 1440 watts, operating pressure of 150 PSI and a temperature range between 65°F- 145°F to heat water as you desire. With a water capacity of 7 gallons, this unit can be one of the dependable water sources at home. Additionally, it can be installed either vertically with a water supply of 7 gallons or horizontally with a water supply of 5.1 gallons. It is from the high-quality component which makes it one the most durable tankless water heaters in the market
- With an attractive design, it blends well with your house decor
- You can use it in kitchenettes, boats, apartments, garages, etc.
- Has a glass lining for durability and insulation purposes
- Available in 3 sizes: 2.5 gallons, 4 gallons, and 7 gallon
- Thick CFC- free foam insulation to save more energy
#3. InSinkErator HWT-F1000S Stainless Steel 2/3 Gallon Instant Hot Water F-1000S Filtration System
The InSinkErator tankless water heater is a unit that offers exciting features to support your heating needs. This model is available in 4 different styles to enable you to choose the one you desire the most. It requires pressure between 30-125 PSI to instantly generate hot water of a maximum temperature of 200°F. Also, it saves a lot of energy since it uses less energy when compared to a 40- watt bulb. Installing this equipment is a hassle-free task. This water system has been tested and certified by NSF for a quality assurance that it is safe for use.
- Easy replacement since you just need to unplug and disconnect hoses
- Automatically shuts off when filter cartridges are being replaced
- Operates quietly without any production of irritating noises
- Easy to assemble because it does not need any extra tools
#4. Bosch 3000 T 2.5 Gallon (ES2.5) Shelf Wall & Floor Mounted Electric Tankless Water Heater
Bosch water heaters are exclusively for efficient daily use. It is a perfect solution for apartments, boats, patio sinks, kitchenettes, and many more. Also, it is available in 3 different sizes(2.5 gallons, 4 gallons, and 7gallon) to enable you to choose which best suits your hot water needs. Besides, this unit can fit in a cabinet space or under the sink since it has a compact design. When installed in a visible location, it blends seamlessly with your house decor. With a glass lining, you are rest assured that it will last. This mini-tank heater can be as a supplemental heating source, sole water heating source, or as a buffer heating source.
- Versatile as it is used as a supplement, buffer or sole heating source
- Easy to maintain since it has does require any frequent maintenance
- Has an external dial that allows monitoring the temperature range
- Temperature and pressure relief valve keeps you always safe
- Made from high-grade materials that last longer
#5. Rinnai V Series HE Outdoor Installation Up to 5.3 GPM Control-R 2.0Electric Tankless Water Heater
Now you can enjoy the features and benefits of a convenient tankless water heater designed by Rinnai. This tankless water heater will never leave in the cold since it has hot water ready for you anytime. It has ThermaCirc360 technology that circulates hot water many times to deliver hot water at the time you need without having to wait. The fact that it has a compact design means that this unit won’t be taking up space; thus can be installed on a closet or attic. This feature allows you to save up to 16 square feet of your house space. Also, it is easy to install since it won’t take much time to assemble it ready for immediate use.
- Has hot water flow rate of 5.3GPM as per the ground temperature
- Saves your time since it only takes 15 seconds for warm water
- A remote thermostat that enables you to adjust temperatures
- Temperature settings are easy to set and very accurate
- Suitable for outdoor installation on medium homes
#6. Camplux ME25 Mini-Tank 1.5kW at 120V 2.5-Gallon Thermostatic Control Electric Water Heater
All you need with your family sometimes is a soothing warm shower to unwind and relax, and this gives you the reason to try out Camplux enjoy outdoor life tankless water heater. This mini tank is suitable for kitchens, basement wet bar, garage, and many other places. It reduces any heating losses resulting from too much time taken to receive hot water from the faucet. With only a weight of 20 lbs., then it is easier to carry this unit. Every house deserves this water heater since it has a stylish exterior that complements most house decor. It will attract the attention of each person that enters your home.
- Has a fast recovery rate to avoid waiting long for hot water
- Glass lining that insulates water for an extended period
- External dial that helps to control temperature range
- Suitable for smaller space as they are made compact
- Large enough to store up to 2.5 gallons of water
#7. ECOTOUCH 9Kw 240V On-Demand Self-Modulating Instant ECO90 Tankless Water Heater (Black)
ECOTOUCH tankless water heater accompanies all that you need for continuous hot water flow. This model is mainly for the shower, dishwashers, sinks, or washing machines. It saves much of your electricity bills since it heats 1.5GPM of water at a temperature between 67°F- 106°F. You do not wait for the water to heat since hot water comes out immediately the moment you turn on the water heater. Water flows at a rate of 1-1.5 gallons in a minute to ensure that you do not wait for preheating. Additionally, it features micro-computer control and patent heating technology that provides hot water flowing at the end of the tunnel without mixing with the cold water.
- Digital display and touch control panel for setting the desires temperatures
- Has a sturdy structure thus it can be installed for showers or kitchen sinks
- Easy to install since it has a wall-mounted design to save your space
- Water and electricity line separated to avoid leakages and scaling
- Smart modulating control that saves more energy used
#8. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 15 Trend On-Demand Space & Energy Saver Tankless Water Heater (White)
Here is another best tankless water heater, this time around by Stiebel Eltron. This tankless water heater requires an electric service of at least 100A to offer water with a temperature between 86°F-140°F. It ensures a continuous flow of water for uninterruptible hot water supply. Moreover, this unit has a compact design, which means that it does take much of your space. The sleek white will complement most of the house decors. Depending on the personal home usage habits, this tankless water heater saves more energy when compared to the conventional electric tank water heaters.
- Safe for use since it has been fully certified and tested by WQA
- Digital temperature display that can read with no difficulty
- Has an electronic flow sensor that deactivates any noise
- Designed from high-quality materials that last long
- A solid, sturdy interior that retains water for long
#9. BISELONG 1.8GPM 6.5Kw Compact Size Point-of-Use Digital Display Electric Tankless Water Heater
If you are not that patient to wait for your water to heat up, you should opt for BISELONG tankless water heater. You can use it in the kitchenette, bathroom sinks, patios, small apartments, and many more. Even better, it has a power of 6.5Kw to heat your water in 3 seconds. Your water gets heated the moment you get to open the tap, thus most suitable for a place that requires endless hot water. You rest assured of hot water since this unit heats up to a maximum temperature of 131°F. The premium glass tempered glass is from high-quality materials that do not destroy quickly. Also, it has a built-in chip that saves your energy by determining the minimum power required as per the temperature and water flow.
- Comes with all necessary accessories which installation an easy task
- Can be installed vertically, horizontally, above or below the sink
- Features a sleek design to compliments with your house decor
- Easy to use since it has touch control for comfortable visual setting
- Has a compact design thus it saves much of your space
#10. Rheem240V RTEX-13 Residential Heating Chamber Up to 3.17 GPM Tankless Water Heater
Do you need to heat water instantly anytime? Try out Rheem tankless water heater. This unit only weighs 4 pounds; thus, you can carry it with no difficulty at all. Besides, it has a hot water flow rate of 3.17 GPM to avoid having to wait for long to get your water heated up. You can install it under a bathroom sink, kitchen sink, or shower. There are no temperature fluctuations since it retains the set temperatures. This unit saves much of your electricity because it does use much heat, thus saving more energy. The digital temperature setting allows setting temperature as you desire for great results.
- Has higher hot water flow rates as compared to other models
- Saves your time because it heats water in just 15 seconds
- Temperature dial enables you to turn on and off the unit
- Small in size thus it does take much space in your house
- Easy to mount since it comes with mounting screws
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Tankless-Water Heater
Electric or Gas Heaters
These tankless units use an electric or a gas heating source. Well, you have to choose one depending on the power source that it’s available in your home. Also, even if both power sources are open in your home, you can decide to choose the one that brings you many benefits. For us, we consider electric tankless water heaters because they come with a lower operating cost, although their initial buying cost is high.
It’s worth noting that the efficiency of the tankless unit you prefer to come in many dimensions. The aspect could include the source of heat and the time it takes to heat the water to save you time and energy source. And it’s good to know that the more you opt for a more energy-efficient model, the more you’ll incur higher cost.
Heater Size & Flow Rate
As a thumb of rule, the larger the size, the higher the flow rate, and consequently, more water gets heated faster to supply to the faucet, multiple bathrooms immediately. The size of this tankless unit will influence the flow rate and the quality of the heated water coming out. If you need hot water for our entire house, then it’s wise to settle with a mid-size or a larger model having high GPM to meet your needs. Small models that have a flow rate of about 0.5 GPM can only serve a single faucet or bathroom.
Hopefully, this article will offer you a step by step guide on how you can acquire the best tankless water heater without the need for rummaging through the internet. If you stay true to your needs and specifications, we can rest assured that you’ve never gone wrong in the selection process. Consider the three things we have provided you on the buyer’s guide section, and your purchase will turn outright. We did thorough research on the models above, and if you have any questions regarding one of them, you can hit us in the below section. Shop wisely!